Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

If it Weren't for Bad Luck...

It's been a hectic couple of weeks since I last posted. I went to see the Orthopedic Surgeon for a consultation on my severed tendon. Before I knew it, I was signing papers consintenting to surgery! It turns out that this type of surgery has to be performed within 7 days of the injury, or scar tissue will build up and it will become inoperable. When I met with the doctor, I was on day 6. I had surgery and woke up with my arm in a cast and sling. There was no pain at all (thanks to the anesthesia and nerve block), but around 11pm that night--- oh my God!!! Agony!!! It's going to be a long road to recovery. I have to go to physical therapy twice a week for the next 10 weeks. I'll check in again soon with a progress report, but I'm having a hard time typing with 1 hand!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home