Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Welcome Wyatt!





We found a stray dog at the beginning of December 2011. It was a cute little long-haired dog-- very small, about 5 lbs. I posted "Lost Dog" ads on all of the neighborhood websites and took the dog to the vet to see if it was micro-chipped. It wasn't. After a few weeks, "Falcour" became part of the family. I've never had a little lapdog before, but found it to be just what I was looking for. Something little that needed me. Grayson fell in love with the dog as soon as he saw it, and every day we'd take him for a walk around the neighborhood. A few weeks later, on New Year's Day, Grayson and I went for our usual walk. The neighbor down the street was outside and recognized the dog. He said it belonged to him. I gave him the dog and Grayson and I returned home with tears in our eyes-- and an empty leash.





After having Falcour for a short time, I had grown very attached and really missed having a puppy in my lap every night. I began searching for a new dog-- one that wouldn't ever get big. I found an ad in the paper for a Maltese. The puppy was 8 weeks old. Within the week, I bought him, brought him home and named him Wyatt. I had forgotten how much work it could be to keep up with a puppy! He's full of enegy; he has lots of personality, and loves his toys. He currently weighs 3 lbs, and will grow into about 6-8 lbs. Grayson fell in love with him immediately and gives him a good workout everyday in the front yard!




Welcome to the family, Wyatt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home