Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Monday, July 23, 2007

La Dolce Gilda!

One of the saddest moments in TV history-- saying goodbye to Gilda Radner. About a week after Gilda died, SNL played a black and white, 60 second film as a tribute to her. It might've been a replay from a previous show, but it took on a new meaning that night. I've searched and searched to find the video clip online, but it doesn't seem to be available anywhere. The best I can do is a SNL transcript, without the video, or the violin playing in the background, it might not mean anything to anyone else but me:


Gilda Radner
: You're still following me? Stop! Leave me alone! [ walks away, then turns around and smiles] I'm just teasing. Come here. Come.. closer. You know I love you, my little monkeys. But leave me my dreams. Dreams are like paper, they tear so easily. I love to play. But every time I play.. you win. Ciao. [ she walks away ]

[ a mime holding a balloon opens his coat to reveal a paper heart glued to his chest, then releases his balloon into the air ]

[ fade to black ]

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Gilda Radner and her book, "It's Always Something" would have torn your heart out. What brought this up?

6:24 AM

 
Blogger Brian said...

Joel and I were talking about it the other night and I tried to find the video online but couldn't.

5:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it is one of the best skits ever on SNL "La Dolce Gilda", season 3 episode 13 I believe. Been trying to find it. Even YouTube doesn't have it. Don't know why. It's a classic. If I find it I'll report back.

GBG

1:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

scroll down
http://www.avclub.com/articles/michael-sarrazinkeith-jarrett,25102/

12:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home